During 1946, Jr. Brown (aka Whitey Oliphant) set out to provide the High Point, North Carolina area with automobile service and repair unlike anything the local vehicle industry had seen before. The opening of Five Points Motor Company’s first location was crucial for the town as citizens needed ethical, dependable, and satisfactory service for a fair price. Following the passing of ‘Whitey’ in the 1980’s his Son Richard (aka Pete) and Grandson Mark took the reins, adopting the principals of customer relations they had been taught over the years. The Shop thrived until the late 1990’s when forced to generate room for the bypass, U.S. 311. Currently settled at 800 Greensboro Road, Pete and Mark still come in everyday and they have no plans of changing location, maintaining convenience for their rising customer base.